Textile & Handicrafts
Details of HOD:
Name: Shri K. Jhumsor Rime
Designation : Assistant Director (Textile & Handicrafts)
Brief Introduction of various schemes under Dept. of Textile & Handicrafts, Namsai: <Click to View >
Programmes/Activities being under taken:
- Implementation of various State and Centrally Sponsored Schemes
- Human Resource Skill Training to local educated unemployed youths/Weavers/Artisans/Farmers
- Scheme Details:
- Chief Minister’s Indigenous Textile Promotion Schemes ( CMIPTS)
- North Eastern Regional Textile Promotional Scheme (NERTPS) on Post & pre-Cocoons Sericulture development activities.
- MUDRA Loan for local Handloom weavers
- Deen Dayal Upadhaya Bunkar Yojana Scheme (DDUBY)
- Rural SKill Development Training Centre viz: Weaving/Tailoring/Embroidery/Cane & Bamboo/Carpentry/Wood Carving/Painting/Thanka Painting/Blacksmith etc. for a period of 1 to 3 years duration of Theoretical & practical Training Courses with an enhanced stipendiary provision @3000/- per month for selected each enrolled trainees followed by issuing Craftsmanship Certificate to each successful trainees.
- To encourage local Weavers/Artisans/Seril. Farmers, provision of Corpus Fund as Revolving Fund to procured quality local Handloom/Handicrafts & Sericulture Cocoons and Fabric Finished products so as to generate handsome Govt. Revenue.
- Under Ministry of Textile, GOI arrange to provide Handloom Weaver Cards and Handicrafts Artisan Cards for availing State / Central various sponsored Schemes/Bank Loan for self economic upliftment.
- Identifying and sponsoring Handloom Weavers n Handicrafts Artisan for selecting/availing Weavers/Artisans Awards either from State or Central Govt.
- On regular basis conducting or arranging Exhibitions for all Weaver’s/Artisans for sell out of their various finished products within and outside the states with to and fro as well as free accommodation for all those selected/interest participants.
- Production Schemes are also carried out in Weaving/Knitting/Cane & Bamboo Trades for all those passed out trainees for self sustenance.
- Sponsoring Diploma/Degree in Handloom/Textile/Fashion Technology/Post Graduate in Sericulture after completion of B.Sc Course/6 months Training in Sericulture at Titabar, Assam and other places.